NORTHEN TERRITORY AIR SERVICES has the vision of being a pre-eminent aviation company providing airline pilot training, charter and other services.
We are the primary provider of aircrew for AvCharter Pty Ltd so the quality of our pilots is directly reflected in the standards of AvCharter Pty Ltd.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients by surpassing contract performance requirements. We value the skills, professionalism, ethics and commitment of our staff and are committed to providing them the resources and opportunity to develop their initiative, talents and creativity to maximize their contribution for the success of our company and the continued satisfaction of our clients.
As a team we strive, at all times, to both protect and enhance the reputation of NORTHERN TERRITORY AIR SERVICES for providing the highest standard of quality in all its activities. To that end, and in our commitment to continual improvement, we have established quality and management systems, based on the international standard ISO 9001:2015.
The General Manager, as Accountable Manager, is directly responsible for the performance of this Quality Management System. The Company’s commitment, as a provider of charter and other aviation support services is to ensure the following:
- A clear vision of the company’s policies, goals and objectives.
- The continuous development and upgrading of training programs, methods and equipment.
- The achievement of the highest levels of safety through the continual development and maintenance of a corporate ‘culture’ focusing on quality and safety. We are determined to create a safe working environment for all personnel in all our operations.
- Provision, to our clients, of the highest standard of reliability and performance at a competitive price.
- The development and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and customers alike.
- The use of proven quality management principles and ‘best practice’ as detailed in the following sections of this manual.
- Provision of all necessary resources and support to ensure the effective operation of the Company’s quality and safety systems.
- Involvement of all staff in the continual improvement of the Company’s processes, with the opportunity for staff ‘buy-in’ and contribution.
- Regular monitoring and reviewing of all Company systems and processes to ensure continual compliance and improvement.
- Maintaining an active Aviation Safety Program (ASP).
The constructive use of feedback from customers, students and staff to identify opportunities for improvement and rectify shortcomings in our service.
We are committed to achieving the objectives listed above (along with the Quality objectives and Advanced projects) by adopting a “quality” approach that is integrated into every part of the Company’s activities.
This Quality System will be based on international standard ISO 9001:2015 as well as the Safety System requirements of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia (CASA) and AvCharter Pty Ltd.
All personnel are expected to support the quality and safety goals of the Company and to take an active role in identifying and facilitating opportunities for improvement to the quality and safety of the Company’s operations.
This Quality System is approved by the undersigned and must be adhered to by all Company personnel, in order to ensure safe flight operations, and other aviation support activities.
For, and on behalf of Northern Territory Air Services
Northern Territory Air Services